Measuring and sizing your window for your custom blinds and shades is an easy process. You can mount your window blinds or window shades inside the window frame/casing or outside mounted to the wall above the window. In either case, an accurate measurement ensures a great fitting custom window treatment, which adds an elegant and classy touch to your home or office. Here we show how to it.
Inside Mount Window Blinds and Window Shades
1. Measure the width and length in three different places as shown in the picture above (inside drywall to drywall or frame to frame )
2. It is only necessary to give the smallest of the three widths and the longest of the three lengths to the closest 1/8" of an inch.
3. Enter exactly what your window frame measures. Take NO deductions.
4. Ensure you have enough window depth.
The factory will take proper deductions to the width of each inside mount blind to insure proper fit in the window.
Outside Mount Window Blinds and Shades
1. Simply measure the width and height of the window in three places.
2. Remember it is only necessary to give the measurement to an 1/8 of an inch.
3. Horizontal Blinds Add 3 inches to the width and height measurement.4. Vertical Blinds Add 4 inches to the width and 3" height measurement. You may also want to add to the width to compensate for vane stack when opened.
The factory will take NO deductions on outside mount blinds or shades. Please take into account any walls or obstructions that may get in the way of the window blinds. You MUST add for overlaps.
If you have any questions, please let us know. Also, don't forget about our FREE In-home Consultation. Simply call us at 479.957.4100
comments powered by Disqus